Skip to content

8-YEAR-OLD ELECTROCUTED

Eight-year-old Dashawn Doris of Company Dam Bee Hive, East Coast Demerara (ECD) today lost his life after being electrocuted at his home.

According to reports at around 11:00 hrs the child who attends Clonnbrook Primary School was at home with his sister Huldah Petrie, 21, a teacher of Ann’s Grove New Developers school.

The young woman told investigators that her brother left and went downstairs. About fifteen minutes elapse and Huldan Petrie called out for him but did not receive an answer.

About 11:15hrs her younger cousin Amaiyah Pellew came an informed her that her brother
was laying down in the yard.

The sister then went downstairs where she saw the her brother lying motionless with froth coming from his mouth and an electric drill in his right hand.

She raised an alarm and her aunt along with neighbour’s came to her assistant where they placed the child in a taxi and took him to Dr CC Nicholas Hospital where he pronounced dead on arrival by a doctor on duty.

It was also observed that the area where the child was found had mud and the mud was moist.

The deceased body was examined and a burnt mark was seen on his right foot (outer).
A yellow drop cord was seen running from the upstairs down the front steps. The drop cord would normally be used to operate the washing machine which is under the house.

At the time, the cord was plugged into a electrical outlet in the upper flat . The electric drill is usually in a small store room in the said yard. The drill and drop cord was seized and lodged at station. Investigations are in progress.of Company Dam Bee Hive, East Coast Demerara (ECD) today lost his life after being electrocuted at his home.

According to reports at around 11:00 hrs the child who attends Clonnbrook Primary School was at home with his sister Huldah Petrie, 21, a teacher of Ann’s Grove New Developers school.

The young woman told investigators that her brother left and went downstairs. About fifteen minutes elapse and Huldan Petrie called out for him but did not receive an answer.

About 11:15hrs her younger cousin Amaiyah Pellew came an informed her that her brother
was laying down in the yard.

The sister then went downstairs where she saw the her brother lying motionless with froth coming from his mouth and an electric drill in his right hand.

She raised an alarm and her aunt along with neighbour’s came to her assistant where they placed the child in a taxi and took him to Dr CC Nicholas Hospital where he pronounced dead on arrival by a doctor on duty.

It was also observed that the area where the child was found had mud and the mud was moist.

The deceased body was examined and a burnt mark was seen on his right foot (outer).
A yellow drop cord was seen running from the upstairs down the front steps. The drop cord would normally be used to operate the washing machine which is under the house.

At the time, the cord was plugged into a electrical outlet in the upper flat . The electric drill is usually in a small store room in the said yard. The drill and drop cord was seized and lodged at station. Investigations are in progress. (Photo credit Travis Chase)

Categories

Accidents, News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: