58 DAYS LATER; STILL NO BREAK IN WCB MURDERS

58 days later, detectives investigating the murders of Joel Henry, Isaiah Henry and Haresh Singh are still without any incriminating leads which could finally lead to the highly publicized murders.

A team of 75 ranks including investigators from the Criminal Investigations Department and Major Crimes Unit conducted a come through of the Cotton Tree Backdam where the teens were found about a month ago. During that search detectives came up empty handed.

Just recently Acting Commissioner of Police Nigel Hoppie explained that local detectives are pursuing new leads in the investigation, as Guyana seeks more help from its international counterparts to help solve the crime.

The RSS teams, according to the commissioner at that time, had promise to submit their report which he was expected to receive last week. It is unclear whether the report ever made it to Guyana.

The opposition during a press conference on Friday said continues to be concerned that justice for the families of Isaiah and Joel Henry and Haresh Singh seems to be “painstakingly slow in coming.”

The opposition said, “the investigations seem to be at a standstill with little to no information forthcoming from the Guyana Police Force. We repeat our call for international impartial police to conduct independent investigations in these three heinous murders and for justice to be served.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s