THREE PERSONS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH WEST COAST BERBICE HACKING OF TEENS

Commissioner of Police Nigel Hoppie on Monday confirmed that three persons are now in custody in connection to the murder of two West Berbice Teens. When asked about what they have learned so far from the three suspects, the police told the media that the investigation is ongoing.

Commissioner Hoppie also confirmed that while investigators from the Major Crime unit, in addition to detectives from the West Coast of Berbice are currently on the ground, they have so far not location the weapons used in the hacking.

Meanwhile, Minister of Home Affairs Robeson Benn expressed the view that while there is no excuse for the murder of the teens, the Guyana Police Force is required to do an investigation and required to bring peace and calm.

He called for peace as the investigation continues.

The county of West Coast Berbice was thrown into a state of pandemonium as two teens were found dead in the Backdam of the Cotton Tree village. The males were brutally hacked to death.

The teens were identified as 16-year-old Isaiah Henry and 17-year-old Joel Henry.

Relatives told police that the deceased men were last seen alive on Saturday. They reportedly left home in #3 Village West Coast Berbice to pick coconuts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s